- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cup carrots, baby
- 1 cup Italian dressing, low fat
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon chives, dried
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 4 medium clementine
- Place raw chicken at bottom of crockpot. Slice onion and add to crockpot along with carrots, dressing, and water.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- About an hour before the chicken has finished cooking, preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Drizzle oil over an entire bulb of garlic, wrap in foil, and roast for 40 minutes or until fork tender. Remove 3 cloves; the rest can be stored in a sealable container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. (Don’t have an entire bulb of garlic? Just wrap up and cook the 3 cloves.)
- Chop cauliflower into 1-inch florets.
- Fill a medium saucepan with 1 inch of water; add cauliflower, cover, and simmer until fork tender (or use a steamer).
- Drain, reserving liquid, and transfer cauliflower to a food processor.
- Add the three roasted garlic cloves and pulse until the desired consistency is reached, adding reserved liquid as needed. Pour into a bowl, then stir in chopped chives, salt, pepper, and butter.
- Serve chicken with carrots, cauliflower, and clementines on the side.
Calories: 268kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 838mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 21g