- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cup carrots, baby
- 1 cup Italian dressing, low fat
- 1 cup water
- 4 medium clementine
- Place raw chicken at bottom of crockpot. Slice onion and add to crockpot along with carrots, dressing, and water.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- About an hour before the chicken has finished cooking, preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Drizzle oil over an entire bulb of garlic, wrap in foil, and roast for 40 minutes or until fork tender. Remove 3 cloves; the rest can be stored in a sealable container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. (Don’t have an entire bulb of garlic? Just wrap up and cook the 3 cloves.)
- Chop cauliflower into 1-inch florets.
- Fill a medium saucepan with 1 inch of water; add cauliflower, cover, and simmer until fork tender (or use a steamer).
- Drain, reserving liquid, and transfer cauliflower to a food processor.
- Add the three roasted garlic cloves and pulse until the desired consistency is reached, adding reserved liquid as needed. Pour into a bowl, then stir in chopped chives, salt, pepper, and butter.
- Serve chicken with carrots, cauliflower, and clementines on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie