- 1/2 medium onion, sweet
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 5 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 4 ounces lasagna noodles, dry
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 cup ricotta cheese, part skim milk
- 1 1/4 leaves basil, fresh
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 16 spears asparagus
- 1 medium pineapple
- Preheat oven to 375° F; Dice onion and red bell pepper into small pieces. Slice basil into thin strips.
- In a large skillet saute onions and red bell pepper in olive oil; about 4 minutes. Add ground turkey and cook until browned and cooked through.
- Add 4 cups marinara sauce to the turkey mixture, bring to a boil.
- Spray a 13 X 9 baking dish with cooking spray. Pour 1 cup Marinara sauce on the bottom.
- Layer 3 sheets of lasagna noodles (no need to pre-cook or even purchase no-boil), top with 1 cup of turkey mixture, ½ cup ricotta, 1 ounce mozzarella, a few basil slices, and 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat for 3 more layers. (4 layers total)
- On the top layer pour the remaining Marinara sauce and cover with foil. Bake in pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
- Top Lasagna with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Re-cover with foil and continue baking for another 10 minutes.
- Before cutting the Lasagna let it rest for 5 minutes. Serve with roasted asparagus and fresh pineapple on the side.
- Preheat oven to 425. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast for 15-25 minutes depending on how thick your asparagus are. Should be soft, but still have a slight crunch.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie