Hummus Snakes and Spinach BugsPrint Pin Rate
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 4 medium tortilla, whole wheat
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 cup spinach
- 4 slice turkey breast, deli style
- 4 ounce pretzel sticks or twists
- 4 medium apple
- Spread hummus equally onto each tortilla. Thinly slice bell pepper.
- Add spinach and bell peppers to the tortillas, then top with turkey and roll up tightly.
- For snake: cut wraps into 1-inch sections, securing each with a toothpick. Place close together in a line or S, leaving two strips of red bell pepper sticking out at one end for the tongue.
- For bugs: cut wraps into 2-inch sections, sticking pretzel sticks into the sides as legs.
- Optional: dot with ketchup and mustard.
- Serve with apple slices and any remaining pretzels on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie