- 1 clove garlic
- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Tofu, soft 1/2" cubes
- 1 tablespoon mint, fresh
- 1/2 cup radishes, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 4 large pita, whole wheat
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 2 cup tomato soup
- 2 medium carrot
- 2 cup cantaloupe
- Chop garlic and drained and rinsed chickpeas in a food processor. Add lemon juice, olive oil, sesame oil, cumin and salt; blend again for 1 minute. Add tofu and blend until smooth. Remove from food processor and stir in chopped mint, if desired.
- Slice radishes and dice tomato; set aside.
- Cut pita in half and stuff with sliced radishes (use less if this is a new food), tomatoes, spinach and freshly blended hummus.
- Heat soup as directed on package. Peel carrots and cut into sticks; cube cantaloupe.
- Serve pita pocket alongside carrot sticks, cantaloupe and soup.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie