- 4 slice bread, whole wheat
- 4 large egg
- 1 none cooking spray
- 4 medium orange
- Cut a hole into each slice of bread, small yet big enough to fit the size of an egg; a cute cookie cutter may work perfect!
- Preheat a small skillet over medium heat; spray with cooking spray.
- Place one slice of bread into the hot skillet, then crack one egg into the hole.
- Cook long enough for the egg white to set, but leave the yolk runny for dipping. Flip, and cook 1 minute longer until egg is cooked to desired doneness and bread is nice and toasted.
- Your egg is now being hugged by the bread! Repeat until all four “hugs” are cooked.
- Serve each with sliced oranges on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie