- 1 none cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1/2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 cup oats, dry
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 2 large egg
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly spray a 12-cup mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, 1/2 cup oatmeal, baking powder, garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt.
- In a small bowl whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour into the flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Do not overmix or muffins may be tough. Spoon into min-muffin cups, filling them about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean. Invert the pan onto cooling rack to remove muffins. Allow to cool.
- Serve with leftover veggies to make mini sandwiches!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie