An incredibly easy recipe with only 30 minutes of rise time, this Homemade Pizza Dough produces a soft and chewy inside with a crisp crunchy crust.
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tbsp dry yeast
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 5-5 1/2 cups flour
- Combine yeast and water in your mixer, and let sit for a couple of minutes until it gets bubbly.
- Add the remaining ingredients to your mixture. Start with just 5 cups of flour.
- Knead for 5 minutes in your mixer. It is ok if the dough is on the sticky side. You can add a bit more flour to your hands when you pull the dough out of the mixer.
- Let the dough raise for 30 minutes.
- Separate into 4 even pieces. This recipe will make 4 medium pizzas, 2 pizzas with thicker crust.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. You can poke holes in the dough with a fork once it is rolled out on a pizza pan and pre-bake for 10 minutes.
- If you don't want to prebake, add sauce, cheese and desired toppings. Bake for 15-20 minutes depending on the type and amount of toppings you use.
- Slice and enjoy!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie