- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 1/2 medium lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large pita, whole wheat
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 4 cup Tangerines (mandarin oranges), canned, juice pack
- Drain most of the liquid from the chickpeas into a bowl, reserving the liquid. Set aside.
- Mince garlic; slice cucumber and tomato.
- Add chickpeas, tahini, juice from half a lemon, garlic, olive oil, and salt to a food processor and blend until smooth. If the hummus is not blending well, add 1-2 tablespoons of reserved liquid (or water) at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Spread 1/4 cup humus inside each pita pocket; stuff with cucumber and tomato slices and alfalfa sprouts.
- Serve with tangerines on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie