- 1/2 cup raisins, seedless
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup flaxseed, ground
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray, and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together oats, brown sugar (1/2 cup), and coconut.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, honey, vanilla, and cinnamon.Pour over oat mixture and stir to coat thoroughly.
- Spread oats onto prepared cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes, stirring frequently to ensure even baking; add raisins or other dried fruit (if desired) during the last 5 minutes. Watch this step very carefully; do not over-bake!
- When oats are golden brown, remove from oven and allow to cool. Break up any large pieces, mix in remaining ingredients as desired, and store in an airtight container.
- When ready to eat breakfast, top granola off with some yogurt and fresh fruit. Enjoy!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie