- 6 cup oats, dry
- 8 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins, seedless
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup flaxseed, ground
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray, and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together oats, brown sugar (1/2 cup), and coconut.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, honey, vanilla, and cinnamon.Pour over oat mixture and stir to coat thoroughly.
- Spread oats onto prepared cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes, stirring frequently to ensure even baking; add raisins or other dried fruit (if desired) during the last 5 minutes. Watch this step very carefully; do not over-bake!
- When oats are golden brown, remove from oven and allow to cool. Break up any large pieces, mix in remaining ingredients as desired, and store in an airtight container.
- When ready to eat breakfast, top granola off with some yogurt and fresh fruit. Enjoy!
Calories: 452kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 20mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 18g