- 2 cup blackberries
- Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Add chicken and season with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink inside. Remove from heat, cut into bite-sized pieces, and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Chop onion, celery, and carrot; add to skillet and cook 5-7 minutes until just tender.
- Pour in chicken broth, then stir in cooked chicken, basil, oregano, and 1/8 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer while you make the noodle stars.
- Crack the egg into a medium bowl, whisking it lightly until beaten.
- Stir in the flour and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt until a pliable dough forms. Add small amounts of water as needed until the dough is the right consistency (it shouldn’t be sticky, but you don’t want it too tough, either).
- On a floured surface, roll the dough out with a rolling pin until it’s very thin. Cut out shapes using a small star-shaped cookie cutter
- Drop stars one at a time into the boiling broth mixture and cook for 10-15 minutes until cooked through and no longer doughy.
- Serve soup with blackberries on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie