Whenever my kids are home from school, like today (for Presidents Day), we like to get creative in the kitchen! They usually come up with way better ideas than I do, like this one today. We made our own hot pockets and even got to eat them hot!
These homemade versions are great because you can stuff some healthy veggies in the middle, seal them up, and kids just want to eat them!
|Holiday Lunch Fun: Hot Pockets||
- 1 Recipe for Pie crust (any recipe you choose or the one I use is not traditional, but a little healthier than shortening)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1 cup white flour, 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup canola oil, 1/4 cup milk)
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- Roll out pie crust and cut large shapes out of them, enough for a top and bottom piece.
- In a bowl, mix marinara with shredded veggies.
- Place spoonful of marinara and veggies in center of shaped pie crust dough.
- Top with mozzarella.
- Place second pie crust dough shape on top and seal around the edges.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes or until browned.