- 1 medium orange
- 3 medium banana, frozen
- 1 cup mango cubes, frozen
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4 tablespoon vanilla protein powder
- 3/4 cup yogurt, fruit variety, low-fat
- 1/2 cup strawberries, frozen, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup blackberries, frozen
- 1/2 cup blueberries, frozen
- 1/2 cup, thawed cherries, frozen, sweetened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon flaxseed, ground
- Peel orange and add to blender. Add 2 of the bananas to the blender with the mango; top off with orange juice and protein powder. Blend well. Add more orange juice while the smoothie is blending if it becomes too thick. Pour into another container and set aside.
- Prepare the second layer by adding yogurt, berries, the remaining banana, milk and flaxseed to the blender. Blend well until smooth. Add more milk while the smoothie is blending if it becomes too thick.
- Layer the smoothie mixtures in glasses. Use a butter knife or popsicle stick to create designs inside the glass if desired. Top each smoothie with a toothpick filled with fruit for added fun!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie