- 4 ounce turkey bacon
- 1/4 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 none cooking spray
- 8 large egg white
- 4 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 ounce cheddar cheese
- 2 medium orange
- Cook bacon until crispy; crumble and set aside.
- Chop onion and bell pepper. Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Sauté onions and green peppers for 6-7 minutes or until onions are translucent. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together 2 egg whites, 1 egg and 1 tablespoon milk until fully blended.
- Spray a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add eggs and 2 tablespoons of veggies into skillet and tilt to coat the bottom. Push eggs toward the center as they cook, tilting skillet so runny part of eggs coats the bottom again. Continue for 1-2 minutes or until eggs are set but the top still appears wet. Place 1/4 cup of shredded cheese in center of omelet and fold one side over; allow cheese to melt. Repeat for 3 more omelets.
- Top with crumbled bacon and serve with sliced oranges on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie