Avocado Pita with Guacamole and Tomato
- 1 medium avocado
- 4 large pita, whole wheat
- 2 medium tomato, red
- 2 medium pear
- 2 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- Cut avocado in half. Puree one of the halves and leave the second half on the side.
- Cut pita in half. Top each pita half with an equal amount of pureed avocado. Remove seeds from tomato and dice. Sprinkle tomatoes pieces over 4 halves of the pita.
- Slice the other avocado 1/2 into 4 slices, then cut each quarter into smaller pieces before adding it to the pita half. Top the “loaded” pita half with its other side like a sandwich, push down slightly to blend ingredients of pita sandwich.
- Serve with pear slices and yogurt.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie