- 1 none cooking spray
- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup steak sauce, tomato based
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 small rolls, dinner, wheat
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 4 leaf outer lettuce
- 4 ear, yields corn on the cob
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium. Add ground turkey and cook for 5-6 minutes, breaking apart to crumble.
- Dice pepper and onion. Add to skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir in broth, steak sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Continue to boil for 2-3 minutes or until most liquid is evaporated and desired thickness is achieved.
- Place an even amount of turkey on each roll and top with a tomato slice and lettuce. Serve with corn on the cob.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie