- 4 teaspoon Greek yogurt, plain
- 2 teaspoon sugar, turbinado
- 1/8 cup mayonnaise, light
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon vinegar, white wine
- 1 tablespoon Poppy seeds
- 2 medium apple
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cup spinach
- 2 cup lettuce, romaine
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta to al dente according to package directions.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook for 5-6 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally and breaking meat into smaller pieces. Drain off excess fat and then season with garlic powder and salt.
- Add cooked pasta to pork along with marinara and ricotta; stir. Cover and cook 5-6 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
- Prepare the salad and dressing: In a small bowl blend together yogurt, mayo, sugar, milk, vinegar, and poppy seeds. Core and dice apples and add to dressing along with walnuts. Add lettuce and spinach to a large bowl.
- Add the dressing to the salad greens and toss to coat well.
- Top pasta with shredded Parmesan cheese and serve with salad on the side. (Serving size: 1 cup pasta with pork, 1 cup salad)
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie