- 2 large sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, rice
- 1 stalk green onion
- 1 medium apple
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise, light
- 1/8 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 2 pound beef flank steak, lean
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup chimichurri sauce
- 4 wedge (approx 1/16 of melon) watermelon
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- For the sweet potato salad: Peel and cut potatoes into large pieces. Toss in a bowl with olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bake on large baking sheet for 18-20 minutes or until just tender. Meanwhile, hard boil the eggs.
- Place potatoes back into a large bowl and drizzle with vinegar. Allow to cool completely. Chop eggs, green onion and apple. Add to bowl along with mayo and yogurt; blend well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat grill. Place steak in a glass container. In a separate dish, mix together the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, paprika, brown sugar and chili powder. Press seasonings into steak and allow to rest for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Place steak on grill and cook for 8-10 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
- Top steak with chimichurri sauce (if desired) and serve with potato salad and watermelon on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie