Fresh salmon, new potatoes and yellow bell peppers grill together with fresh herbs and shallots in this simple foil-pack meal you can cook on the grill!
- 6 small new potatoes, red or white
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium shallot
- 1 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 12 ounce salmon
- 4 medium corn on the cob
- 3 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 medium tomato, red
- Heat grill to medium heat. Cut three large pieces of heavy duty foil. If you don’t have heavy duty foil, use a double layer of regular foil.
- Thinly slice potatoes and place on one sheet of foil. Drizzle with water and oil. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Fold foil to make packet.
- Mince shallot, dice pepper and chop parsley. Place salmon on another sheet of foil and top with shallot, pepper and parsley. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Fold to make packet. On the last square of foil, place the husked corn and fold to make packet.
- Place all the packets on the grill and allow to cook for 15 minutes. Carefully peel open foil to release steam. Potatoes will be done when fork tender and fish will flake apart. Corn may take longer than fish and potatoes, so consider getting on grill first.
- Serve together with a simple tossed salad of chopped lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and your favorite dressing.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie