- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1/2 medium zucchini
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 none cooking spray
- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 3/4 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 4 serving turkey pepperoni
- 4 medium carrot
- 2 cup grapes
- Slice top off of bell pepper, remove seeds, then slice into rings. Shred zucchini; peel carrots and cut into sticks. Set all aside separately.
- Spray a medium-sized skillet with cooking spray, then heat over medium high heat.
- Lay 4 slices of bread out onto a plate. Add a few spoonfuls of marinara sauce to each slice, then top with pepperoni, pepper rings, shredded zucchini, and cheese. Top with remaining bread, forming sandwiches.
- Add sandwiches to hot skillet and spray the tops with a small amount of cooking spray (or brush with olive oil if you prefer).
- Cook 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Cut each sandwich into quarters; serve with carrot sticks and grapes on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie