- 3 tablespoon vinegar, red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon mustard, dijon
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup, pure
- 2 clove garlic
- 30 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 6 stalk celery
- 3 stalk green onion
- 5 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup basil, fresh
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 leaf lettuce, romaine
- Add vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, mustard, and maple syrup to a large bowl. Smash garlic with the back of a knife and add to the bowl as well. Stir to combine, and allow to rest while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas, slice celery into 1/4 inch pieces (Save the leaves for later! You’ll need about 2 cups), and slice green onions. Slowly add oil to the garlic mixture, whisking constantly. This mixture will come together and emulsify. Add chickpeas, celery, and onions. Toss to coat evenly; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours (or up to, overnight).
- Preheat grill (outdoors or indoors). Season chicken with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper, paprika, and chili powder. Grill each side for approximately 4 minutes or until the inside is no longer pink; cover and set aside.
- Chop celery leaves, halve tomatoes, and roughly chop basil. Remove the smashed garlic from the chickpea mixture, then add remaining chopped veggies. Toss again to combine, then top with Parmesan.
- Place a large lettuce leaf onto each plate, then heap veggie mixture on top. Cut up chicken and add to salad as well, or simply serve alongside.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie