- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1 medium cucumber
- 6 leaf lettuce, romaine
- 1 medium cantaloupe
- Preheat the outdoor grill to medium-high. Dice onions, mince garlic, and cut avocado into thick slices.
- Toss onions and garlic into a large bowl with parsley, beef, mustard, egg, almond flour, sea salt, and pepper. Mix together until thoroughly combined; set aside.
- Divide meat into 6 even pieces, then split those pieces in half. Form thin hamburger patties and add a few slices of avocado to half of the patties. Avocado slices may be chopped further to fit if needed. Top off with a second patty and seal the edges to keep the avocado inside while cooking.
- Place each patty on a grill and cook for 4-6 minutes per side, checking for desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, slice tomatoes and cucumbers; set aside. Slice or cube cantaloupe.
- Remove burgers from the grill. Toast hamburger buns, if desired.
- Add burgers to buns; top with tomatoes, cucumbers, and lettuce. Serve cantaloupe on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie