- 8 ounce whole wheat pasta shells
- 1/2 cup green peas, frozen
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium lemon
- 1/8 cup basil, fresh
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup strawberries
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions; drain and set aside.
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil; add the peas and cook until softened, then drain.
- Grate Parmesan (if needed), slice garlic, juice lemon, and chop basil.
- Add the peas, Parmesan, garlic, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, basil, and pepper in a blender or food processor; mix until smooth, slowly adding the olive oil as it blends.
- Serve pesto over cooked pasta with strawberries on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie