- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Dice apricots (or whatever dried fruit you choose) into small pieces. Roughly chop the almond slices as well; set both aside.
- Toss oats, sugar, cinnamon, and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the honey, oil, and vanilla. Add this mixture to the oat mixture and stir to combine. Be ready to get your hands dirty!
- Spread out onto a baking sheet and bake on center rack for 15 minutes; stir, and bake another 10 minutes until golden. Watch closely that it does not burn.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely, stirring occasionally so it does not harden into one large chunk. Mix in fruit and nuts once cooled.
- Serve immediately or store until ready to use.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie