- 3 cup stewed tomatoes, canned
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne or red pepper
- 12 ounce turkey, ground
- 2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, part skim milk
- 1/8 tablespoon olive oil
- Pulse tomatoes with juice in a food processor until finely chopped. Heat oil in a large straight-sided skillet over medium heat.
- Cook 1 cup diced onion and 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add turkey; cook,breaking up any large pieces, until browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until thick, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons dried oregano or 2 tablespoons fresh oregano and salt. Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise into thin strips (about 1/8 inch thick) using a mandoline or a sharp knife.
- Place 5 or 6 zucchini slices, overlapping slightly, in the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish. Top with 1 cup sauce. Dot with 1/4 cup ricotta.
- Repeat twice with zucchini, remaining sauce, and 1/2 cup ricotta, alternating direction of zucchini.
- Top with remaining zucchini, alternating direction; brush with very small amount of olive oil. Dot with remaining 1/4 cup ricotta.
- Season with fresh ground pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, until lasagna bubbles and top browns, 50 to 60 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh oregano.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie