- 1 pound pork loin
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 3 teaspoon ginger root, fresh
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 stalk green onion
- 1 cup wild rice, raw
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, brown, Italian, or Crimini
- 1 cup snow peas
- 2 medium carrot
- 2 stalk celery
- 2 cup mandarin oranges, canned in juice
- Partially freeze meat. Thinly slice meat into medallions.
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- In a resealable plastic bag add the soy sauce, grated ginger root, minced garlic and sliced green onions. Add the pork. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Dice the carrots and celery.
- Heat a wok or large saute pan over medium high heat. Add the olive oil. When the pan is hot, add the pork medallions. Cook for 3-4 minutes, then flip and cook the other side.
- Stir together beef broth and 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Add to the wok along with the mushrooms, snow peas, carrots and celery.
- Give everything a quick stir, then cover and cook for another 4-5 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp tender and the pork is cooked through.
- Serve with rice and oranges on the side. (Serving size: 1 cup pork and veggies, 1 cup rice, 1/2 cup oranges)
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie