- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 3 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, fresh
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon mustard, ground
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- 1 cup edamame, shelled
- 2 stalk green onion
- 4 medium orange
- Cook rice as directed on package.
- In a small bowl, whisk together broth, soy sauce, almond butter, freshly grated ginger, honey, and mustard powder. Set aside.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of oil in a wok over medium. Cut chicken into strips and add to wok. Stir around to begin browning. Mince garlic and add to chicken. Continue to cook until chicken has browned and is no longer pink. Transfer to a small bowl and cover.
- Add remaining oil to wok. Chop pepper into large pieces and add to hot oil; cook for 1 minute and then add almonds and shelled edamame. Cook for 3 minutes more.
- Slice green onions and add to wok, along with chicken and sauce mixture. Cook until heated through.
- Serve over rice with oranges on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie