- 2 medium apple
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8″ square baking pan and set aside.
- Dice one of your apples and thinly slice the other one. Toss the diced apples with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon until well coated and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, remaining cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda, and baking powder together.
- Add applesauce, sugar, vanilla extract and milk. Mix until almost combined, then add diced apples. Continue to mix, adding a little extra milk if necessary.
- Pour batter into baking pan and use a spatula to evenly distribute batter. Arrange apple slices over top, a little overlap is okay.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.
Calories: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 128mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 19g