- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8″ square baking pan and set aside.
- Dice one of your apples and thinly slice the other one. Toss the diced apples with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon until well coated and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, remaining cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda, and baking powder together.
- Add applesauce, sugar, vanilla extract and milk. Mix until almost combined, then add diced apples. Continue to mix, adding a little extra milk if necessary.
- Pour batter into baking pan and use a spatula to evenly distribute batter. Arrange apple slices over top, a little overlap is okay.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie