- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 4 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 4 tablespoon mustard, dijon
- 4 slice (1 oz) cheddar cheese
- 4 serving TURKEY BREAST, DELI SLICED
- 2 medium apple
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 cup CANTALOUPE
- Heat sandwich press (or skillet if you do not have a sandwich press). Thinly slice apples, removing the core area.
- Spread one side of the bread slices with butter; spread the other side with mustard. Top the mustard on 4 slices of bread with cheese, turkey, and apple slices. Add remaining 4 slices of bread to form sandwiches, buttered sides facing out.
- Place into sandwich press and heat through, approximately 5 minutes. If using a skillet, flip sandwich when golden. Slice in half.
- Slice cucumber, cutting into shapes if a small food cutter is available. Slice cantaloupe.
- Serve each sandwich with cucumber shapes, cantaloupe slices, and any leftover apples slices on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie