- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 medium zucchini
- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 3 ounce cheddar cheese
- 4 medium pear
- Turn oven on to broil. Cook rice as directed on package.
- Dice onion and bell pepper, and mince garlic. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large, deep, oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper; stir and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Dice zucchini and drain tomatoes. Add to pan, along with corn. Cook for 3-4 minutes and then add cooked rice. Stir well to combine, then sprinkle with shredded cheese. Place in the oven until cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Serve with sliced pears on the side.
Calories: 475kcal | Carbohydrates: 83g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 359mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 27g