- 2 breast chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium (approx 2-3/4″ long, 2-1/2″ dia) bell pepper, green
- 1/2 medium (2-1/2″ dia) onion
- 1 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 1 spray , about 1/3 second (1 NLEA serving) cooking spray
- 8 tortilla (approx 7-8″ dia) tortilla, whole wheat
- 4 oz cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 medium (2-1/2″ dia) tangerine (mandarin orange)
- Season chicken to your desired liking. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a large skillet on medium heat. Then add chicken. Cook chicken until no longer pink; remove from heat and cut into bite-sized pieces or shred. Set aside.
- Chop pepper, onion and mushrooms. Spray skillet with cooking spray, then heat over medium-high heat; add chopped veggies; sauté for 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Using same skillet, spray with cooking spray, add a tortilla, top with veggie mixture and some chopped, cooked chicken, sprinkle with shredded cheese and finally top with a second tortilla; spray top tortilla with cooking spray. Cook to allow bottom tortilla to begin to brown, approximately 4-5 minutes; flip over and allow to brown once again. Repeat with remaining tortillas until everyone has a quesadilla.
- Top quesadillas with fresh cilantro, salsa (optional) and tangerine wedges.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie