- 1 none cooking spray
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium bell pepper, orange
- 1/2 medium onion, red
- 1 cup corn, canned
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoon vinegar, white wine
- 2 cup pineapple
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Pound out chicken so that each piece is of similar thickness.
- Mix together salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon olive oil, chili powder, paprika, cumin and oregano. Rub this mixture over chicken, then bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip chicken breasts over and continue baking for 10-15 minutes longer until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink. Set aside to cool, then slice into strips.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions, and slice peppers and onion.
- Add veggies (including corn) to a large bowl, along with remaining olive oil, lime juice, and vinegar; toss together until mixed and well coated.
- Serve veggies and chicken over rice, with pineapple on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie