- 1 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 1/4 medium onion
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 4 large egg
- 4 large egg white
- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 medium clementine
- Chop mushrooms and onion. Slice tomato.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion to hot skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Whisk eggs together with the mushrooms, then add to the onions.
- Allow eggs to cook until no longer runny, stirring occasionally to slightly scramble. Once the eggs become firm, do not stir. Flip them over once to fully cook both sides.
- While eggs cook, preheat sandwich press or a large skillet.
- Divide cooked eggs equally among 4 slices of bread; top each with a tomato slice, a sprinkling of cheese, and then a second slice of bread.
- Place sandwiches into the press (or skillet) and cook until cheese is melted and bread is golden on both sides. (If you don’t have a sandwich press, then press sandwiches down in the skillet with a small sauce pan while cooking, flipping halfway through to evenly brown both sides.)
- Serve with clementines on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie