Did you know you can make cheesy, high-protein egg cups… right inside bell peppers? Enjoy your veggies for breakfast with these colorful and delicious stuffed peppers.
You can add any kind of meat, cheese, or veggie you like to the fillings in these stuffed peppers. Try broccoli, onions, mushrooms, ham, chopped tomatoes, and more. Anything goes!
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium bell pepper, orange
- 1 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 stalk green onion
- 1 cup spinach
- 4 slice bacon
- 5 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 medium orange
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash all bell peppers. Slice in half vertically, remove seeds, and lay in a baking dish.
- Chop onion and spinach. Cook bacon as directed on package until crispy. Cool, crumble, and set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, onion, spinach, and bacon. Pour an even amount into each pepper, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until eggs have set and are no longer runny.
- Serve with orange wedges on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie