- 2 cup strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a baking dish or roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Remove any gizzards from the chicken and discard. Cut onion into chunks, smash garlic, cut carrots into large pieces, and thinly slice lemon.
- Place chicken into roasting pan with onion, garlic, carrots, and lemon slices. Drizzle with oil (or melted butter) and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Place chicken in oven and roast for 20 minutes per pound (about 1 hour total). Meat thermometer should read 165°F when inserted into the area between the breast and leg of the chicken.
- While chicken cooks, cook quinoa as directed on package and steam 2 cups of broccoli. Add broccoli, egg, salt, bread crumbs, and grated Parmesan cheese to a food processor. Blend until finely chopped and mixed.
- Using 1 tablespoon at a time, form into balls.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Drop balls of broccoli mixture into pan; flatten with a spatula and cook until both sides are crispy.
- Serve chicken with broccoli patties, quinoa and berries on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie