- 2 cup mango cubes, frozen
- Cook pasta according to package directions; and also be sure to grill some chicken if you haven’t already done so the night before.
- Heat shallot and oil in microwave safe covered dish for 30 seconds or in a small pan on the stovetop over medium low heat for 5 minutes. Allow oil to cool back to room temperature.
- Hold a spear of asparagus at each end and snap it. The spear breaks where the tender tops meet the tough bottoms. Line the broken spear up with the bundle of cleaned asparagus. Cut the spears using the guideline of the snapped spear.
- Par boil the asparagus tops in 1 inch simmering water covered for 3 to 5 minutes. Cool under cold running water and drain.
- Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces on an angle and add to a bowl. Chop pepper. Combine chopped, cooked asparagus with red bell pepper, cooked pasta, green peas and chopped parsley. The peas will defrost as you toss salad.
- Pour vinegar into a small bowl and whisk in cooled shallot oil. Pour dressing over salad and toss.
- Add chopped chicken and season salad with salt and pepper, to your taste and toss again.
- Serve with frozen mango as dessert.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie