- 2 medium kiwi
- 2 medium avocado
- Cook elbow noodles according to package directions and drain.
- Cook squash and broccoli until soft enough to puree. This can be done on stove top in a small amount of water and covered pan, or quickly in the microwave in a covered, microwave safe dish. Cool to touch; place in food processor (or blender) and puree to a smooth consistency; a small amount of water may be added gradually to help make it smooth.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add 1 tablespoon of flour, whisk together and continue to whisk until thick and bubbly (but not burned!). Add 1/2 cup of milk and stir till it begins to bubble again. Add summer squash and broccoli puree (you will only need about 3/4 cup in total, so freeze any that may be left over), and stir untill fully smooth and mixed in. Add cream cheese and mix until smooth. Add salt.
- Add the cooked macaroni to your thickened cheese sauce. Sprinkle shredded cheddar on top, just before serving.
- Keep it green and serve with kiwi and avocado.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie