- Cut and steam broccoli until it is soft but not mushy.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk egg and then add cheese, flour, minced garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes (optional).
- Add broccoli to mixture and mash with a hand masher, trying to leave some chunky pieces. Then, fold together until well mixed.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet. Add broccoli mixture 2 tablespoons at at time, forming patties. Heat until browned, then flip.
- Once browned on both sides, transfer to a plate covered with paper towels (allowing excess oil to be absorbed). Allow to cool a bit, then enjoy!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie