- 1 medium onion
- 3 stalk celery
- 1 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 1/4 cup parsley, fresh
- 8 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 12 cup bread cubes or stuffing cubes
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sage, ground
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram, dried
- 1 large egg
- 2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- Turn a slow cooker onto the highest setting and allow to preheat.
- Chop onion, celery, mushrooms, and parsley.
- Melt butter in slow cooker, then add the veggies and parsley (as if you’re sautéing right inside the slow cooker. It should be hot enough to start softening the vegetables).
- Once veggies have begun to soften, add bread cubes and sprinkle all seasonings on top.
- Combine egg with chicken broth and whisk slightly. Pour over bread cubes.
- Stir to combine, then turn heat down to low. Cover, and cook for 4 hours.
Calories: 609kcal | Carbohydrates: 90g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 1630mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 11g