- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 10 ounce frozen vegetables, mixed
- Place chicken breasts in crockpot; season with salt and pepper. Dice onion and mince garlic.
- Whisk together the honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, onion, ketchup, olive oil, and garlic cloves; pour over chicken. Cook on low for 4 hours or until no longer pink inside.
- Cook rice according to the package instructions.
- Steam veggies by placing them into a microwave safe dish and adding 2-3 tablespoons of water; cover and microwave for 5-6 minutes until thawed and fully cooked.
- Remove chicken with a slotted spoon, reserving liquid. Dissolve the cornstarch in the water, whisking well. Stir into the crockpot, cover, and cook on high for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Shred chicken and then add back to crockpot; toss to coat evenly.
- Serve chicken over rice, sprinkled with sesame seeds; serve veggies on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie