- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 10 ounce frozen vegetables, mixed
- Place chicken breasts in crockpot; season with salt and pepper. Dice onion and mince garlic.
- Whisk together the honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, onion, ketchup, olive oil, and garlic cloves; pour over chicken. Cook on low for 4 hours or until no longer pink inside.
- Cook rice according to the package instructions.
- Steam veggies by placing them into a microwave safe dish and adding 2-3 tablespoons of water; cover and microwave for 5-6 minutes until thawed and fully cooked.
- Remove chicken with a slotted spoon, reserving liquid. Dissolve the cornstarch in the water, whisking well. Stir into the crockpot, cover, and cook on high for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Shred chicken and then add back to crockpot; toss to coat evenly.
- Serve chicken over rice, sprinkled with sesame seeds; serve veggies on the side.
Calories: 532kcal | Carbohydrates: 82g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 1546mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 39g