- Slice onion, and peel and cut carrots into large chunks; place into crockpot.
- Season pork chops with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper (if you are not using a low-sodium broth, omit the salt); place on top of veggies and pour broth over the top. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Approximately 30 minutes before serving, cook quinoa as directed on package.
- Roughly chop spinach and dice apples; add to cooked quinoa.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, juice of the lemon, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Pour over quinoa and mix to coat evenly.
- Serve pork chops with onions, carrots, and quinoa salad on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie