- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 6 ounce tomato paste, canned
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 4 ounce cream cheese, low fat
- 8 ounce pasta, shapes
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 medium apple
- Chop bell pepper. Stir pepper, tomatoes, tomato paste, minced garlic, crushed bay leaves, Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper, and sugar in a crockpot.
- Add chicken and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Once done, remove chicken and whisk in cream cheese until smooth. Add chicken back to sauce and break it up a bit.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Slice zucchini and saute in a hot skillet with olive oil, for about 6-7 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Serve pasta topped with chicken, with zucchini and sliced apples on the side.
Calories: 282kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 188mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 13g