- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 6 ounce tomato paste, canned
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 4 ounce cream cheese, low fat
- 8 ounce pasta, shapes
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 medium apple
- Chop bell pepper. Stir pepper, tomatoes, tomato paste, minced garlic, crushed bay leaves, Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper, and sugar in a crockpot.
- Add chicken and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Once done, remove chicken and whisk in cream cheese until smooth. Add chicken back to sauce and break it up a bit.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Slice zucchini and saute in a hot skillet with olive oil, for about 6-7 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Serve pasta topped with chicken, with zucchini and sliced apples on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie