These delicious cheesy meatballs have sweet and tangy granny smith apples baked right in! Enjoy the familiar flavors of fall in a quick-to-make, wholesome meal.
Baked Apple Cheddar Turkey Meatballs
- 4 cup green beans
- 4 ounce macaroni pasta, dry
- 2 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 2 medium apple
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Wash and shred Granny Smith apple; squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Add grated apple, turkey, egg, salt, pepper, onion powder, and cheese to a large bowl. Mix well. (Your hands work best!)
- Make golf-ball sized meatballs and drop them onto a parchment-paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through and browning on top.
- Before eating, steam green beans, cook pasta according to package, and heat pasta sauce. Core remaining apples and cut into slices.
- Top pasta with sauce and meatballs. Serve green beans and sliced apples on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie