- 3 cup blueberries, frozen
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 1/2 pound pork roast
- 1 1/2 cup club soda
- 6 ounce tomato paste, canned
- 4 medium rolls, dinner, wheat
- 4 stalk celery
- 4 medium carrot
- In a small saucepan, mix together 2 cups frozen berries, water, sugar, and the zest from the lemon (about 1 tablespoon) as well as its juice (2-3 tablespoons).
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced by about 1/4. Set aside to cool, then transfer to a sealed container and place in the refrigerator.
- In a small bowl, mix together mustard, chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Rub over pork and place into crockpot.
- Add the remaining 1 cup blueberries, club soda, tomato paste, and 1 cup of the blueberry mixture. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Once finished cooking, remove any liquid from the crockpot and add, along with the remaining blueberry mixture, to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and allow to slightly thicken.
- Meanwhile, shred pork with two forks; keep in the slow cooker to keep warm. Cut celery and carrots into sticks.
- Once the liquid has thickened, add it back to the pork and stir well to coat.
- Serve pork on whole wheat rolls, with celery and carrot sticks on the side.
Calories: 371kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 809mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 25g