- Heat oil to 350°F. You will need at least 1″ worth.
- Peel carrots and cut them into thin strips or rounds; you could even use a food cutter to make other shapes.
- Mix together cornmeal, flour, onion powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat egg white until foamy, then stir in buttermilk.
- Dip carrots in milk mixture. Drain excess, then dredge in cornmeal mixture.
- Fry 2 minutes or until ligthly brown. (Cook time will depend on how thick you cut your carrots.) Then remove from skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie