Creamy Corn Chowder and Whole Wheat RollsPrint Pin Rate
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 2 medium russet potato
- 14 1/2 ounce chicken broth, low-sodium
- 3 cup corn, frozen
- 1 cup milk
- 1/8 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 medium rolls, dinner, wheat
- 2 medium apple
- Add oil to a large soup pot and heat over medium.
- Dice onion and bell pepper, then add to the hot oil; cook 4-5 minutes until tender.
- Peel and chop the potatoes.
- Once the onion and pepper are tender, add chicken broth and potatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir the corn into the pot and and cook for ten minutes more.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, flour, salt, and pepper; pour this into the corn mixture and continue to cook until thick and bubbly, about 10 more minutes.
- Serve soup with whole wheat rolls and apple slices on the side. serving = 1 1/4 cup soup plus one roll
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie