- 10 ounce broccoli, frozen
- 1/4 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 3 1/3 cup milk
- 1 2/3 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 4 cup Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- Cook broccoli according to package directions (or use fresh if preferred), and set aside.
- Dice onion and sauté in butter in the bottom of your soup pot.
- Add flour, salt, and pepper, and whisk together.
- Add milk and broth, stirring until well blended.
- Reduce heat and cook until thickened, stirring often.
- Stir in cheese and cooked broccoli.
- Warm through and enjoy!
Calories: 431kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 536mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g