Creamy Coconut Butternut Soup
This nourishing, dairy-free fall recipe is ready to keep the whole family warm for lunch or dinner.Print Pin Rate
- 1 lb butternut squash
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, fresh
- 3 tablespoon ginger root, fresh
- 2 tablespoon vinegar, cider
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 serving crackers, whole-wheat
- 2 cup grapes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit. Slice squash in half lengthwise, remove the seeds, and place onto a baking sheet open side down. Bake for 25-40 minutes until it becomes browned and has a bubbly skin. Pierce with a fork to check for tenderness.
- When soft, remove from oven and allow to cool. Remove the insides and toss into a blender along with remaining ingredients; puree until smooth.
- Pour into a pot and heat over medium until slightly bubbly. If a thinner consistency is desired, add more water or coconut milk.
- Top each bowl of soup with a drizzle of melted coconut oil and fresh pepper if desired. Serve with chilled grapes and wheat crackers on the side.
Calories: 399kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Sodium: 286mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 15g