Creamy Coconut Butternut Soup
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 serving crackers, whole-wheat
- 2 cup grapes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit. Slice squash in half lengthwise, remove the seeds, and place onto a baking sheet open side down. Bake for 25-40 minutes until it becomes browned and has a bubbly skin. Pierce with a fork to check for tenderness.
- When soft, remove from oven and allow to cool. Remove the insides and toss into a blender along with remaining ingredients; puree until smooth.
- Pour into a pot and heat over medium until slightly bubbly. If a thinner consistency is desired, add more water or coconut milk.
- Top each bowl of soup with a drizzle of melted coconut oil and fresh pepper if desired. Serve with chilled grapes and wheat crackers on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie