- 1 cup, chopped cranberries, raw
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour, whole wheat
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, unsalted
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop cranberries by hand or in a food processor with 1 tablespoon of the sugar.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients, including the other three tablespoons of sugar.
- Cut butter into dry ingredients.
- Slightly beat the egg; whisk in milk and cream. Fold into the dry mixture just until moistened.
- Add cranberries. Do not over mix.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and place batter on top. Pat it down until you have a circle of about 12 inches wide and 3/4 inch thick.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 16 minutes or until just slightly golden on top. When you insert a knife it should come out dry.
- Let cool for a few minutes before cutting into wedges or squares.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 368kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 328mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 15g