- 4 medium Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 2 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 4 medium corn on the cob
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 cup cilantro
- Wash potatoes and cut into chunks.
- Place the potatoes in a large Dutch oven and cover with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of salt to the water. Bring to a boil uncovered. Then once boiling, turn the temperature down and cook until knife tender, which is about 15-20 minutes. Drain and add to your stand mixer, with the paddle attached and slowly mix until mostly creamy (looking more like mashed potatoes). If not, mash by hand with a potato masher.
- Dice onion and red pepper. Cut corn off the cob.
- In a large saucepan, heat some olive oil over a medium flame.
- Add the onion and bell pepper. Sauté until softened. Add a bit of salt and cook for 2 additional minutes. Then add the mashed potatoes, corn, stock, milk, chili powder, salt and pepper. The soup will thicken while it cooks for an additional 23-30 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to your taste. Prior to ladling into bowls, add some chopped cilantro – give a good stir. Ladle into bowl and enjoy.
Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 394mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 9g