- 4 medium Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 2 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 4 medium corn on the cob
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 cup cilantro
- Wash potatoes and cut into chunks.
- Place the potatoes in a large Dutch oven and cover with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of salt to the water. Bring to a boil uncovered. Then once boiling, turn the temperature down and cook until knife tender, which is about 15-20 minutes. Drain and add to your stand mixer, with the paddle attached and slowly mix until mostly creamy (looking more like mashed potatoes). If not, mash by hand with a potato masher.
- Dice onion and red pepper. Cut corn off the cob.
- In a large saucepan, heat some olive oil over a medium flame.
- Add the onion and bell pepper. Sauté until softened. Add a bit of salt and cook for 2 additional minutes. Then add the mashed potatoes, corn, stock, milk, chili powder, salt and pepper. The soup will thicken while it cooks for an additional 23-30 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to your taste. Prior to ladling into bowls, add some chopped cilantro – give a good stir. Ladle into bowl and enjoy.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie