- 1/2 cup wild rice, raw
- 1/2 cup brown rice, raw
- 8 ounces turkey sausage
- 2 stalk celery
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 medium apple
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sage, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/3 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 1 bunch broccoli
- Cook the rice according to package directions. Mix together and set aside, covered.
- Meanwhile, brown sausage in a medium skillet until no longer pink. Drain any fat.
- Chop onion, apples, celery and pepper. Add to the sausage, along with the remaining ingredients. Allow liquid to partially cook off.
- Serve in a bowl with the rice mixture and steamed broccoli on the side (or mixed in with the dish).
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie